What data is displayed on DevTracker
DevTracker uses open data published by UK government departments and partners, using the International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI) standard. IATI is an international standard for international development data and allows ready comparison of information from different donors.
Each organisation is responsible for its own published IATI data and DevTracker will reflect public data available in the IATI Registry.
If you have any concerns about data on the DevTracker website, please contact email@example.com
What data we collect
We collect information about how you use the DevTracker website to help us improve the site and make sure it is meeting the needs of its users.
We collect information on:
- The pages you visit
- How long you spend on each page
- How you got to the site
- What you click on while you are visiting the site
- How you interact with a page
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address
Google Analytics and Hotjar
We do not store your personal information through Google Analytics or Hotjar (for example, your name or address). We do not allow Google Analytics or Hotjar to use or share data about how you use the site. We will not identify you through analytics information, and we will not combine analytics information with other datasets in a way that would identify who you are.
More details about the information we collect is available in our Cookies policy. This includes information on how to remove yourself from tracking.
Why we need your data
We collect anonymised information through Google Analytics and Hotjar to help:
- Make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users
- Make improvements to the website
Our legal basis for processing your data
The legal basis for processing anonymised data for Google Analytics and Hotjar is your consent.
What we do with your data
The data we collect may be shared with our technology suppliers, for example, our hosting provider.
We will not:
- Sell or rent your data to third parties
- Share data with third parties for marketing purposes
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your website analytics data for 12 months, after which it will be deleted.
Where your data are processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data are as safe as possible at all stages, both while they are processed and when they are stored.
All personal data are stored in the European Economic Area (EEA). Data collected by Google Analytics and Hotjar may be transferred outside the EEA for processing.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
- Information about how your personal data are processed
- A copy of that personal data
- That anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected
You can also:
- Raise an objection about how your personal data are processed
- Request that your personal data are erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- Ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, please contact Data.Protection@fcdo.gov.uk.
Data from other organisations
This site displays data published by other organisations. The FCDO is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these organisations’ data.
Following a link to DevTracker from another website
Contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) if you:
- Have a question about anything in this privacy notice
- Think that your personal data have been misused or mishandled
Telephone: 020 7008 5000
Data Protection Officer
Information Management Department
Information and Digital Directorate
Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office
King Charles Street
Changes to this policy
The “Last updated” date at the top of this page will change when any parts of this policy are updated. Any changes will apply to you and your data immediately.